Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Half a Year Old!

Holy cow I can't believe Nellena Rae is half a year old today that is just crazy! It is also crazy that it has only taken us such a short amount of time to fall SO in love with that little girl. So I thought I would just talk a little about how much she has grown and all the things she can do now:) Every morning we wake up to her talking away at the pom poms hung above her bed. Then when you go in to get her she gives you the biggest smile and literally does a happy dance in her crib because she is so excited to see us. She has been trying out all kinds of new foods and loves it! And of coarse she loves watermelon, its the Rhindo blood in her. It is so fun to watch her try new things, she tried pears the other day and was not a fan. As soon as I put the spoon in her mouth her eyes watered up like she was eating a warhead or something haha, she can be a little dramatic about things sometimes. She is still a great sleeper and has been since she was 6 weeks. She sleeps all through the night which makes for a very happy momma:) We are currently working on her being able to sit up, notice in the picture, NO BUMBO! So she is doing pretty good, I did have to catch her a few times while taking these pictures but she is getting the hang of it. She loves the bath, she goes crazy in there and most times I end up soaking wet. She loves playing with us and laughing. Although lately, no one can make her laugh as hard a Colby does. Im not sure what she thinks is so funny about him but everytime he comes by her she just busts out laughing. She also has this new love of putting both of her hands on your face and just exploring, so of coarse she does this to Colby too but he is a good sport. Needless to say we have been having a blast watching that little girl grow and everyday is a new surprise. 

2 comments:

  1. She is so beautiful!!! Can't wait to see her in the summer.. And yes you and Tyler also!!! We miss hanging out with you guys!!! Happy half birthday!!!! Luv you guys!!!
    Erin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that picture. I noticed no bumbo! Wow. She is adorable. I can't wait to see you guys. I'm getting excited!!!! I can't wait! I can't believe that she is that old. I have only seen her once. Thats sad. Thank heavens for electronics, so we can watch her grow! See ya soon! :-).

    ReplyDelete