Tuesday, May 8, 2012

The Name Game

What to name it what to name it...so this is my first blog post and I thought before I started posting i should come up with a good name to fit our blog. I tossed around some ideas since everyone always has these cute names for their blogs and I came up with, "Making the Most of the Life We Have". Ill explain, when we got married my mom gave us this little stone.                                                                                                        

Ever since I have had it by our sink so that way I see it everyday and it really has become kind of our little motto. Especially since being students, and Medical students at that definitely means you cant have everything, so you have to learn to make the most of what you do have:) It has taught us to be very greatful and me to be more crafty haha. Needless to say thats the reason I named our blog that because we use this motto all the time when making decisions. Which sometimes is very hard to sacrifice when you see all these beautiful things you cant have on Pinterest:( But no worries, this time ive been checking out curtains for our house and seen all kinds on pinterest so I decided to take the boring curtains that have never been hung up and make them not so boring. Well at least one, I tried to dye some for our living room and it was a disaster! Everyone said to just dye them in the washer cause thats the easiest way, well this would probably be true if the washer didnt break while trying! I had to empty out a full washer with blue dye in it with a cup into a garbage can and then into the toilet. Pretty much that is the last time I try and dye something so if anyone has any other ideas let me know. But I did have one success, the curtain for my bedroom and not going to lie im a little in love with it.  
 
What do you think? I painted it with acrylic paint and I think it turned out just right. We are moving in a month so thats why I didnt hang it up but I cant wait to get it in my room! If you are interested in doing one similar I used foam brushes from the dollar store, tape to make the stripes straight and this stencil. Well dang now I cant find it but there are lots like it on pinterest:)  If find it later ill post it...Well Im out of time my baby is up and ready to eat so until next time! 


4 comments:

  1. Yay! First comment! I have to say I'm impressed!! At first glance, I thought you found cute fabric and sewed a few panels together but nooo.....you painted the entire thing!!!! Even more impressive! Good job on the colors, it looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Job, Nellena!!! I'd like to say I'm good at keeping up my blog...BUT I'm NOT! :) I'll check yours though! Where are you moving to?

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your curtain!! And I love the name of your blog :) Coming up with the title was the hardest part for me!
    I just can't get over how adorable your baby girl is!

    ReplyDelete