Monday, October 22, 2012

DIY Washcloth Soap Scrubby


Well I found this idea a few a days ago on pinterest and thought it was awesome but....of coarse it was one of the pins that doesn't link to anything. So I decided to make my own tutorial. It was perfect timing too because I have been wanting to switch to bars of soap because we go through body WAY too fast, my husband gets a little crazy in the soap department. I also loved the idea of being able to just trow these in the wash each week versus using a lufa. So I hope I give good instructions, they were super easy, please ask any questions that you have though!

1. Start off by folding the wash cloth in half and cut off about 2.5 inches on one side.


I put a piece from another washcloth on top to show you about how much to cut off and what it looks like.

2. Open the washcloth up with the wrong side facing you, in my case the side with the tag, and and sew a casing to put the string through. I used the side with the raw edge and folded mine down about 5/8 of an inch.


You can see how I made like a little tube.

3. Fold the washcloth back in half, right sides together, with the casing you just made at the top. Line the edges up the best you can and stitch around the bottom and up the side that is open. Stop your stitch right at the base of your casing, you dont want to sew the whole shut:) I re-enforced this spot a few times also since it will get lots of wear there pulling the strings.


4. Trim all of your strings and trim around the edge with scissors to take out some of the bulk.


5. Using the washcloth, measure your string(I used yarn) and give your self about and extra 4 inches. Then using a safety pin, weaving it through the yarn, thread the string through the casing and out the other side.


6. Now that the string is through the casing, tie the ends together with a double knot. Then work the knot back around into the casing so no one will see it:)

7. Turn your new scrubby right side out and TaDa!


I used a pack of washcloths from Wal-Mart, it was 18 for 4 bucks so you can beat that!








2 comments:

  1. i just made these for quick Christmas gifts, great tutorial easy to follow easy to make. thanks

    ReplyDelete