Wednesday, October 10, 2012

That Time Again

Conference time again YAY! Conference is seriously the best. But this year was probably the best and most fun conference weekend we have had since we've been married. Not that we did anything grand or huge we just actually got to spend some family time together which is rare, sad but so true. I still am just in shock how nice it was to have Tyler around, just hanging out with us, not stressed it was fantastic! For anyone who has been through medical school that is also very rare. Saturday we watched both sessions of Conference and in between went to the mall. I dont know why but I love to just walk around the mall even if all I do is window shop and people watch. And of coarse while we were there we had to go into the Apple store and play with Iphones, which we will be getting on November 1st....but not that we are excited or counting or anything. 

Saturday night Tyler went to Priesthood session and I stayed home and had me a little girls night with a friend:) Then Sunday, oh my goodness I wish every Sunday could be a good as last Sunday. It was so nice not to have to go to church! Now I know what your thinking and that sounds horrible but it really was. I know everyone can relate to this but sometimes church is really hard and it is so nice to have a break. I really do love my calling and being uplifted in the lessons but sometimes a little change is so great! Our typical Sunday is non stop from the time we wake up til the time we go to bed. Get up, make breakfast, Elle Rae takes a nap, I hurry to get ready and finish whatever I need to for primary, she wakes up, get her ready, feed her lunch then run out the door. Then try to keep her happy during Sacrament,  teach my class, listen to Elle Rae scream in the hall cause she is so tired and cant take a nap. Now we are done right? Nope, come home, she falls asleep in the car in .5 seconds. Get home, make dinner, home teachers come over and then we can finally start winding down. Is anyone exhausted from reading that? Because its really exhausting to do all of that, and trust me I know thats how it is for everyone but really sometimes its just not that much fun. So instead of all that, we got to stay home in our jammies and  watch Conference:) Elle Rae was happy all day! That was a  nice change:)   

See what I mean?!

Then we even got to take a drive to the lake and enjoy all of the beautiful fall colors, doesnt that sound so much better! Don't take this the wrong way, because I really do enjoy going to church but it was just really nice to get a break:) 


She has never really worn a coat before so she kept licking the zipper trying to figure it out



If you can tell she is wearing gloves, so pretty much she would not move her arms. So this is her trying to keep her cracker in with no hands, it was pretty funny to watch ha!


This is where the lake come out and there are TONS of fish in here. People were throwing these net down and pulling them up full of fish it was really fun to watch.


Of coarse the highlight of the day for Tyler was finally getting over his fear to catch a crawdad ahhaha!



After the last session we finished off the night at our house watching a movie with some friends.
Needless to say we had a great weekend and an ever better Sunday:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment