Sunday, February 10, 2013

Great Day To Be A Mom

Some days its just a great day to be a mom....there are lots of in between days and some not so good days but every once in a while you have great days and they are the best! Nellena Rae has been so fun this week, and I think it would be a shame not to write down how totally in love I have been with her this week. Not that I dont love her everyday but this week has just been a good one. I have been thinking too... my good friend Carly, does a thing she calls "Tid Bit Tuesday" with her son and just writes down some of the things he has been doing whether good or bad. And lets be honest, they are lots of times when our kids make us crazy. So maybe they wouldnt always be the happiest posts but at least she will remember what he was like and he will know what he was like. So i want to try and copy her, I dont have a cute name for my posts yet but it will come. So, here we go! This week Elle Rae has done some pretty funny things. Its so fun to see her figure out new things all the time. But this week she has discovered the the garbage...YAY:( Lots of Sarcasm, yuck! Seriously, ugh?! So anyways she loves pulling things out and eating them or whatever. But one time in particular she wanted to cream cheese box i had just thrown away. She pulls it out, of coarse I say no and put it back in. A few minutes later I notice her running for her life down the hall...so in my your in trouble mom voice I said "did you get that box?!". So she runs faster, into my bedroom and to the far side of my bed. By the time I get there she is on her stomach backing herself under my bed almost to her shoulders now. All I could do was laugh:) How did she even think of that so quick, and note she has never hidden from me before besides peek a boo? That girl is too funny. As the week went on I noticed she is in a hiding faze. She tried to hide under my bed again with a DVD, then in the bath now she hides the wash rags and as many toys as she can under her butt...What? For real not making that up, its too funny, dont know where that came from! Then tonight while cleaning my kitchen I found babywipes and diaper cream in my mixing bowl...becuase obviously those go there and im sure I put them there, not. She also discovered this week how to open our doors and how fun it is to unroll the toilet paper. Today she also handed me my phone while I was in the shower, love my little helper...while some of these things make me crazy and soon i probably wont think they are at all cute anymore I just love that she is getting more interested in things. The best thing this week though is that she has cuddled with me! She used to be really cuddley when she was tiny but for a long time now she has just wanted nothing to do with it. Lots of people have told me that cuddle time would come back so I have been very anxiously waiting....so one day she was a little bit sad so of coarse I turned on the Lorax. Then I just thought maybe I would try to cuddle her, and sure enough she layed by me on the couch, in a blanket for 20 minutes! Yes I timed it:) I was so scared to even move though i just layed there perfectly still. Since then she has cuddled with me two more times, so I am very excited to say I think cuddle time is back:) YAY! And that was for real happy yay:) 

A goal I have for me....Something Im trying really hard to do is not complain about Elle Rae. I catch myself and others with their kids all the time just talking about oh she is so grouchy, or didnt take a nap or this or that when the truth is I just love her whether she does everything perfect or not. So Im really trying to do better about that and just have fun with her even if everything doesnt go as "planned". So if you catch me complaining about her, call me out. 

So thats my first little post, anyone have a cute ideas for a name? Oh but I did decide Im going to do all of the posts about her in red so they are easier to find and that way when I have other kids(not soon so dont get excited) they can have a different color.

No comments:

Post a Comment